Skip to Content

This website uses Cookies you can control them from this page: Cookies Page

Functionality Cookies Performance Cookies Targeting Cookies
RIASS Redbridge
RIASS logo

Beyond 18 with your education

EHCP’s will stay with you until it is no longer needed, or you leave education. When you have your annual reviews, the professionals will discuss with you if you want to continue in education or if you still need your EHC Plan.

If you achieve the required qualifications and decide to go to university, you will still be able to receive support for your SEN, but this will not be through SEN Support or an EHCP. Universities have a duty to make reasonable adjustments for students with SEND under the Equality Act 2010.  Most universities have a disability support team who provide support to students with SEN. It’s worth getting in touch with the university’s disability team to find out more about what they offer.

Students with higher needs may qualify for a Disabled Students Allowance to fund specific help such as note takers, sign language interpreters or specialist IT equipment.